The City of Astoria’s Parks and Recreation Department is aware that the unexpected interruption to services and programs due to the COVID-19 pandemic is causing financial difficulty for our patrons. Our Department is committed to providing resolutions that work best for our community members and we have developed a refund/credit policy to address this specific issue as it relates to services scheduled through March 31, 2020. Changes that may affect April services and payments will be communicated at a later date, as impacts to our services and programs develop.
All payments to date for services and programs in month of March will be eligible for credit added to household accounts toward future charges, prorated for the days prior to interruption of our offerings.
- Aquatic Center and Land & Water monthly passes: credit will be prorated for 17 missed days to accounts
- Recreation Center passes: credit will be prorated for 12 missed days to accounts
- Little Sprouts Academy:
- credit for full time care will be prorated for 12 missed days to accounts
- credit for part-time care will be prorated as follows:
- M/W/F Full Days: prorated for 7 days missed (41% of tuition)
- M/W/F ½ Days: prorated for 3.5 days missed (41% of tuition)
- T/Th Full Days: prorated for 5 days missed (55% of tuition)
- T/Th ½ Days: prorated for 2.5 days missed (55% of tuition)
- ARC After School Kid Zone: credit will be prorated for up to 7 days (dependent on registered days for the month) to accounts
- ARC Spring Break Day Camp: credit is offered for all registered dates
If refunds due to cancellations are preferred, you may request that option via email using the information below. Please be aware that we will not be able to provide checks picked up at City Hall and all refunds will be mailed or can be applied directly back to payment credit cards used for purchase.
Automatic withdrawals for services and memberships for future months’ use will be suspended until we are able to offer access to the public again. ACH payments will be withdrawn 7 calendar days after our facilities reopen to the public. If you wish to cancel, or temporarily halt ACH payments, please reach out so we can assist you.
- Acting Director of Parks and Recreation Jonah Dart-McLean: email@example.com
- Recreation Manager Brianna Bowker firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aquatics Supervisor Terra Patterson email@example.com
Due to limited staffing and the nature of this fluid situation, we will do our best to respond as quickly as possible to inquiries.
We appreciate your patience while we are adjusting to this unforeseen and challenging circumstance and look forward to seeing you in our facilities again soon!
Read the PDF version of this policy here. .