The purpose of this procedure is to clearly define the requirements for residential buildings key boxes including; approve key box types, key box ordering, key box installation, securing of key boxes and updating of existing key boxes.
Astoria Fire Department allows the 1600 Series with hinged doors.
Key Boxes will be ordered online.
To order online:
- Visit the KnoxBox website:
- Select the Knoxbox:
RESIDENTIAL BOXES: Knox Residential Model 1658
1. Door hanger or wall installation. This is up to you.
2. Tamper switch: NONE.
3. Color: BLACK
- Add the selected items to your cart.
- Complete all fields in the Installation Address and Billing information screens and confirm purchase. KnoxBoxes will be shipped to your address.
- Upon notification that a KnoxBox has been ordered, the Astoria Fire Department will notify the contact email on the application with information on securing the KnoxBox after it is installed.
- When the KnoxBox is received, proceed to next section for installation instructions.
- The KnoxBox should be mounted no higher than six feet to the left of the main entry door, or if using the door hanger, follow the KnoxBox instructions. If you have questions, you can contact the fire department for suggestions at 503-325-2345.
- Installation shall comply with the mounting instructions included with the KnoxBox.
- Assemble and label key for placement into the KnoxBox: Main Door entry key.
- Ensure you have the front cover plate for the KnoxBox ready.
- Contact Astoria Fire Department at 503-325-2345 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The fire department will set up an appointment to close up the KnoxBox.
- The fire department will verify keys and labeling and then lock the KnoxBox.
Change of Locks
Any change of locks or keys shall require the owner/occupant to provide new keys to the fire department. To have keys added or replace please follow the procedure below:
- Contact Astoria Fire Department at 503-325-2345.
- The fire department will set up an appointment to change the keys.
- The fire department will verify keys and labeling and lock the box.