+++ 2019 +++


The Planning Division of the Community Development Department is responsible for economic development, both short and long range land use planning, zoning administration, historic preservation, and code enforcement and administers the Comprehensive Plan and the Development Code.

Our interactive map is a great tool to learn more about your property. You can view property information such as zoning, historic designation, lot size, landslide susceptibility and more. 

To verify the allowed uses for your property first identify the zone (ex. R-1, R-2, C-3, etc.) the property is located in from our interactive map then review the allowed uses and necessary approvals from our Development Code. City Planning staff can direct you further on these steps if needed by submitting questions to planning@astoria.or.us or through this link.

To file a property complaint please complete the form found here

Planning questions may be submitted here or you can email them to planning@astoria.or.us. Our standard response time is three business days.

The Planning Division provides staff support to the Planning Commission (APC), the Historic Landmarks Commission (HLC), the Design Review Commission (DRC), Astoria Development Commission (ADC), and the Traffic Safety Advisory Committee (TSAC).



The Oregon ePermitting program allows the public to view all development and building permit applications and supporting documents, apply for permits, and schedule inspections. Starting January 1, 2023 the City of Astoria planning applications may be viewed.


Public Records

Building Permits (since 2016) and Planning applications (since 2023) can be viewed through the Oregon State e-Permitting software. Everyone can search by address without creating a login.

The City of Astoria is a member of Oregon Records Management Solutions (ORMS) allowing staff to increase citizen access to public records. You may Search for Records such as Ordinances, Resolutions, Financial Statements, Meeting Minutes, Agendas, and more.

Public Records Requests or Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Requests are processed through the City Manager's Office. All requests must be submitted via email using the correct web form with directly is sent to the City Manager's Office. Submit FOIA Form.