CITY OF ASTORIA ANNOUNCES CLOSURE AND INFORMATION IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
The Astoria Public Library will be closing at 5:00pm, March 16, 2020 through March 31 in response to guidance from the Clatsop County Health Department, the Oregon Health Authority, and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Library staff will continue to providing alternative opportunities to streaming story times and other activities during the closure.
The Astoria library offers a number of digital resources, including ebook and audio book selections for all ages. Use your current library card to set up an account. Contact the library if you have any questions at 503-325-7323.
At this time, the library asks that books currently checked out not be returned until further notice. Late fees will not be charged for these items. Book orders that are on hold will remain on the shelf until reopening.
The City of Astoria City Council Meeting for Monday, March 16 will be available to stream live beginning at 7:00pm. Public meetings will be conducted in the Council Chambers with a limited seating arrangement. To adhere to the social distancing recommendation, meetings will now also be audio and video live-streamed.
Visit https://www.astoria.or.us/LIVE_STREAM.aspx for links to the streaming options. Check the news section of the website for updates and follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AstoriaCityManager/.
The City of Astoria provides many resources to help you go about your daily business while also taking care of the health and safety of you and your loved ones. When applying for permits, paying your bills or for general questions, please consider options available to you from your home.
Pay your water bill using Quick Payment on the website. Please have your account number ready as well as the customer’s last name as shown on the utility bill.
Permit applications and questions about activities that are performed within the City and on City right-of-ways can be submitted through email. Contact information is provided for each department on the website.
Don’t forget: water bills, parking tickets and parking space reservations and renewals may also be paid for over the phone. Call 503-325-5821.
As a reminder:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- It is recommended that a distance of at least three feet be maintained between individuals. Conduct meetings via conference call or Skype if at least three feet between individuals is not possible.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue (or sleeve) and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are often touched
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.