REMINDER OF OPTIONS FOR DOING BUSINESS AT THE CITY OF ASTORIA
The City of Astoria provides many resources to help you go about your daily business while also taking care of the health and safety of you and your loved ones. When applying for permits, paying your bills or for general questions, please consider options available to you from your home.
For example, the City of Astoria provides permit applications for activities that are performed within the City and on City right-of-ways on the website. Forms may be returned by email to the appropriate departments. Questions may be asked either by calling or emailing the contacts on the forms or on the department web pages at www.astoria.or.us.
Water bills may be paid using Quick Payment on the website. Please have your account number ready as well as the customer’s last name as shown on the utility bill.
Water bills, parking tickets and parking spaces may also be paid over the phone. Please give the finance department a call at 503-325-5821.
At this time, public meetings will be conducted in the Council Chambers with a limited seating arrangement. Larger public hearings will take place at a venue able to accommodate more people while still maintaining the suggested three-foot distance between individuals.
Thank you for your flexibility at this time. If you have a question or you are unsure which department you need to talk to, please call City Hall at 503-325-5821.
As a reminder:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- It is recommended that a distance of at least three feet be maintained between individuals. Conduct meetings via conference call or Skype if at least three feet between individuals is not possible.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue (or sleeve) and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are often touched
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.