1. _____ Completely fill out SEL 101
(check box for "Prospective Petition"), sign and date
2. _____ Fill out Candidate information for SEL 121
3. _____ Submit these forms to CITY ELECTIONS OFFICER (Finance Director, 3rd Floor, City Hall) f
or approval and assignment of Petition Number.
Note: These forms must be filed before a petition is circulated for signatures.
4. _____ Circulate petition for signatures AFTER ELECTIONS OFFICER APPROVES FORMS. We suggest that you obtain a few more than the required number of signatures, in the event that a signer is not registered in your ward.
5. _____ To complete the filing process the candidate must ensure each signature sheet is signed and dated by the circulator and submitted to the CITY ELECTIONS OFFICER with Form SEL 338
Petition Submission, for verification. (Note: Please allow time for County Elections Department to verify signatures and notify the City) Signatures must be verified with Clatsop County Elections.
The filing deadline is Tuesday, August 28, 2018 before 5:00 p.m.
which means all
verified information (from the County Elections Office) must be in to City and
approved before the candidate information is provided for the November 6, 2018
Note: We encourage you to file as early as possible in order to ensure signature requirements are met. If you will be filing close to the deadline, you may wish to obtain a few additional signatures to be sure of having the required number of valid signatures.
6. _____ SEL 220 - Statement of Organization form
, must be completed when contributions or expenditures exceed $750.
7. _____SEL 223 – Campaign Account Information
is require if filing SEL 220.
8. _____ Candidates may withdraw using SEL 150
. The deadline for withdrawal is Friday, August 30, 2018.
9. _____ Voters’ Pamphlet filing fee is $50.
The Deadline for filing for Voters’ Pamphlet with the County is Monday, September 10, 2018.
NOTE: If a candidate serves as his/her
own treasurer, does not have a campaign committee AND does not expect to
receive or spend more than $750 for the entire election, the candidate is not
required to file the Statement of Organization or contribution and expenditure
reports. IF the candidate, at any time, exceeds the $750 limit in either
contributions or expenditures, the Statement of Organization and expenditure
reports must be filed. SEE 2016 Campaign Finance Manual for additional