Astoria Police Department has a long and rich history serving the community since 1876. Our men and women are a professional representation of the honorable profession that is policing. You will find them in your community, at the grocery store, the soccer field and the rotary meeting. They are involved in many different ways with their community. They don’t practice “community policing” - they live it. Our motto is Dedicated to Duty – Committed to Community. It is the foundation of our policing philosophy.
In the early 1800s, a series of principles were adopted that included the principle that the police require the consent and cooperation of the citizenry. This has never been truer. The entire community must work together to address crime and disorder. You can help us by:
- Reporting suspicious activity.
- Thinking about prevention – locking your vehicles and residences and not leaving valuable items in plain sight.
- Knowing your neighbors – never hesitate to call if you see something suspicious.
As you use our website, take advantage of all the information available to you. This website and our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/AstoriaPolice) are portals where you can provide us feedback.
We are proud of the work we do and promise that we will continue to move forward in maintaining and improving our relationship with the public and the services we provide. A summary of our programs and activities can be found in our annual report here.
The Astoria Police Department provides law enforcement services for the City's residents and visitors 24 hours every day and places particular emphasis on responding to the community’s calls for service, investigating crimes and traffic enforcement. The department's motto is Dedicated to Duty – Committed to Community.HOW TO CONTACT US BY PHONE:
HOW TO CONTACT US BY EMAIL:
- Emergency Calls Only: 9-1-1
- Non-Emergency Police Dispatch: (503) 325-4411
- Other Police Business: (503) 338-6411
- Records/Evidence (9 AM - 4 PM, M-F): (503) 338-6433
- Fax: (503) 325-4897
HOW TO CONTACT US BY MAIL:
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the above email address is only checked during regular business hours, and should not be used to report any criminal activity. If you are in need of an officer, please refer to the phone numbers listed above.
- For individual officers, please see the Patrol page for a list of email addresses.
- Mail your inquiries to:
Astoria Police Department
555 30th Street
Astoria, OR 97103