+++ 2019 +++

Forms & Permits

The City of Astoria requires permits for activities that are performed within the City. All permits are designed to protect the City and public by ensuring that work is conducted in a safe manner and to City standards.

Please note: These permit forms are provided online for customer convenience and may also be picked up at City Hall. After completion, submit it to the department listed on the form for review and approval. Permits are not valid until approved by all authorized departments and required fees are paid. Click here to view the City Fee Schedule.

If you have any questions please contact the appropriate department.


Building Division
Building Permit Application

Contractors are to upload the completed Building Application Form below into their Oregon ePermitting application. Home owners are to email the completed Building Application form below to buildingdivision@astoria.or.us.

Incomplete applications will not be accepted for review; applications must be complete to be accepted for processing. Check the status of an accepted application by visiting Oregon ePermitting

Estimated turn-around time is 3 months from receipt of complete application as of 11/13/2023. 

Community Development


Design Review

Historic Landmarks

Land Division

Planning Commission





Public Works
Permit Applications

Prior to submitting Public Works applications: If you have not satisfied Planning requirements for your project, reach out to the Planning Division at planning@astoria.or.us. Applications submitted without the required Planning approvals will be placed on hold until the Planning process is complete.

Completing your Public Works applications and plansPlease see the brochures below for assistance determining which Public Works applications are required for your project; contact us if you need assistance determining the required applicationsPlans must meet the requirements of the City's Engineering Design Standards, Astoria City Code and Astoria Development Code; incomplete plans and applications will not be accepted for processing. Please visit the public GISAstoria City CodeAstoria Development CodeFee ScheduleEngineering Design Standards and FAQ for additional guidance. We've developed a Finding a Professional handout if you need assistance locating an engineering professional for your project.

System Development Charges (SDCs)Visit our webpage on SDCs for information about SDCs and rates. Please email engpermits@astoria.or.us to request an estimate.

Submitting Public Works applicationsComplete applications and plans must be emailed to engpermits@astoria.or.us or delivered to City Hall. Applications must be completed to be accepted for processing; incomplete applications will be returned. Public Works applications cannot be submitted via Oregon ePermitting. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. 

PaymentsWe are able to accept credit card payments for amounts < $1,000. Credit card payments may be made by phone by calling the Engineering Division at (503) 338-5173. Checks may be made out to the City of Astoria and mailed or delivered to: City Hall, ATTN: Engineering/1st Floor, 1095 Duane St., Astoria, OR 97103.

Public Works Applications

System Development Charges (SDCs)

Visit our webpage on SDCs for information about SDCs and rates. Please email engpermits@astoria.or.us to request an estimate.

Utility Billing

Please note: If you are experiencing challenges paying your water/sewer bill, please contact the Water Department at (503) 338-5172 we can work with you regarding your account balance.